Our Community Educator undertakes service promotion activities, increases education and awareness about responsible and problem gambling, and aims to, with the community, minimise the harm of problem gambling . Our friendly Community Educator enjoys speaking at local events, sporting clubs and schools, or by invitation.
As well as providing treatment services, Gambler’s Help organisations deliver health promotion services to
- create awareness of the risks associated with problem gambling
- promote responsible gambling
- promote local Gambler’s Help services
- prevent problem gambling by addressing the underlying causes
- provide local community education and prevention activities
There are also specialist Provider Education services available for health and welfare professionals, and the Venue Support Program, which supports staff who work in gambling venues.
The program is locally run and designed to educate school communities and raise awareness about gambling issues for young people. It includes:
- Senior student session
- Parent session
- Teacher session.
Book a session or find out more information by clicking on the link:
Or by contacting the local Community Educator for the region on 5337 3333.
The program consists of the club signing the Responsible Gambling Charter, designating a charter champion and an education session delivered by the local Community Educator.
When clubs sign the charter they receive:
- A certificate of participation
- Signage to display in clubrooms
- Use of the program logo for promotional purposes e.g. club newsletters
The program aims to help clubs preserve the essence of their sport by separating gambling from sports and help prevent problem gambling and related harm while raising awareness of Gambler’s Help services.
For more info see:
Feel free to contact the local Community Educator on 5337 3333.